A Clothing Layer Guide for Every Outdoor Activity
Friday, June 02, 2006
Fox River Socks - A Sock for Every Sport
For those of you who don't feel the need to invest in a nice quality pair of socks, you really don't know what you're missing. I used to be one of you. I always wore my cheap cotton tube socks for every outdoor sport I participated in from soccer and basketball to hiking and backpacking. I really never thought twice about it, but my feet were always hurting or sore afterwards. I thought that was just part of the sport.

Well, one day I read about some new fabric technologies and about how a company named Fox River Socks used these new technologies to make dramatic improvements in the quality of sport socks. A few months later, I ran across a sale on some Fox River Socks at a department store. The article I had read came to mind and so I decided to pick up a couple pair. That was one of the better purchases I've made with regard to my collection of outdoor apparel. I tried them on when I got home and was already sold on them. They felt great and I could not wait to try them out on my next hike. The particular pair that I bought had some extra elastic in the arches of my feet that I really liked. I was invited to play basketball with some friends that same week and thought "What could it hurt." So I wore them to basketball. Although they were not exactly "in style" for playing b-ball, they really felt great. They kept my feet dry and I noticed a big difference in the way my feet felt after the game.

Since then, I've never worn anything else. I got online and looked up Fox River Socks and found out that they make socks for pretty much every sport. I especially like their ski and snowboard socks. Fox River has added extra cushioning in all the right places. Fox River really knows sports and they know socks. Try a pair out. You won't regret it: Fox River Socks.